Somewhere about 2005, Taylor discovered MySpace, and she too, became a computer addict. It took Hayley another year. The house got quieter. There was no more shouting from one room to another. If you wanted someone, you sent an instant message to them either through Yahoo or AIM. Fortunately, we had long drives down the mountain to and from school, so we did actually still talk to one another.
I think I started getting emails about Facebook in 2007. It was always about reconnecting with your old college friends. I was monitoring the kids MySpace profiles and by the looks of what I was seeing, I just wasn't much interested in "social networking." Besides, I had already moved on to Pogo.com.
November 25, 2007 I opened my first facebook account (thank you timeline). I was still way more into pogo, but when I got bored I would venture over to facebook and build labyrinths on my farm. Eventually, Mafia Wars took over and that was the end of Pinochle (sorry p), Pogo (glad you are still with me other duckie and mapper) and farmville (or whatever it was called way back then). The Leigh Roberts Duquette facebook account was created in 2010 as my "personal" account, as the first account had over 1500 people on it--all Mafia Wars--and my poor friends were sick of it. (And trust me, it got way worse after Taylor died. I buried myself in that game. Buried. But that is another story.)
In January of 2012 my computer crashed. Not just my computer, but my hard drive. It exploded, or imploded. It did something. All my pictures of the last seven years were gone. I was sick. SICK (it still makes me sick). I had nothing of the recent past of Taylor.
Except for...... what I had on my original Facebook account.
In that old account, I found this gem. (Remember when these questionnaire things were going around?)
This is the voice of my Taylor (TeeToe as I called her) introducing me to you in her words.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
In a minute.....
2. What makes mom happy?
3. What makes Mom sad?
when Pistol is hurt
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
her horrible singing
5. What was your mom like as a child?
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
ride the horses and play on the computer
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
sit on the computer
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
best teacher of the year
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
13. What does your mom do for a job?
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
steak and mashed potatoes
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
that she went to school as a single parent
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together?
ride the horses
18. How are you and your mom the same?
we are the same height, we both like computers, we both like horses and we both like to keep the house clean (which is difficult with Hayley in it).
19. How are you and your mom different?
i have short hair--our hair is the polar opposite
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
becase she supports me with my life decisions
21. What does your mom like most about your Dad?
that she doesn't have to talk to him
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
out on the trails.